Driving your peace of mind even further.
You can rest assured knowing that your Nissan will receive care you can trust, from the people who know your car the best.
What is covered?
Nissan Motor Co. (Australia) Pty. Ltd., (A.B.N. 54 004 663 156) (Nissan) warrants that for a designated period of time or specified mileage, as set out under the section titled 'NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY PERIOD', Nissan will repair or replace any part on the vehicle (except for those items listed under the section titled 'WHAT IS NOT COVERED') which proves to be defective in materials or workmanship, free of charge, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty.
The warranty period begins on the date that the vehicle is first registered or put into service, whichever is earlier.
Warranty repair or parts replacement will be performed by an authorized Nissan Dealer at its place of business within a reasonable time after delivery of the vehicle to the dealer during normal business hours.
New Vehicle Warranty Period
The standard period for the New Vehicle Warranty is 36 months or 100,000 km (whichever comes first) from the time the vehicle is first registered or put into service (whichever occurs first).
For every new Nissan (excluding GT-R) ordered and delivered between 1/8/2018 and 30/11/2018, your standard Nissan Warranty of 3 Years/100,000 Km will automatically be extended to 5 Years/100,000 Km. The terms & conditions of the 5 Years/100,000 Km New Car Warranty will be exactly as is set out below and in the Customer Information and Maintenance Booklet (Booklet) that you can locate in the Owner’s Manual of your vehicle (located in the glove box), except that all warranty period references in the Booklet to “3 years” should be read as “5 years”. The extension of the New Vehicle Warranty Period will have already been recorded against your vehicle’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) in our systems, so there is no need for you to do anything further.
The New Vehicle Warranty covers all parts and components of each new Nissan vehicle except for those items listed under the section entitled 'WHAT IS NOT COVERED' (below and in the Booklet, and the tyres and battery which are the subject of separate warranties.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What is not covered?
- All tyres and batteries which are excluded unless specified as being included under the section titled "TYRE and BATTERY WARRANTY".
- Any vehicle which has been relocated to another country.
- Any non-"Genuine NISSAN" parts, accessories or equipment. (Note: "Genuine NISSAN" parts, accessories or equipment installed outside of NISSAN's works may be covered by their own separate warranty.)
- Any parts and labour costs incurred in connection with recommended maintenance services as outlined in the OWNER'S MANUAL and MAINTENANCE SECTION of the Booklet.
- Any parts and labour costs resulting from tyre punctures.
- Subject to s.259(4), s.271 (2) and s.271(4) and s.272(2) of Australian Consumer Law, NISSAN excludes any and all liability for loss or damage for problems:
- unrelated to NISSAN's conduct;
- unrelated to the goods supplied by NISSAN; and
- caused by something independent of NISSAN after the goods have left its control.
- Normal wear and tear meaning the gradual reduction in operating performance of a part or parts having regard to the age of the vehicle, the distance it has travelled and its operating conditions. This includes normal deterioration of trim, paint or other appearance items.
- Any vehicle on which the odometer reading has been changed so that actual kilometres travelled cannot be accurately determined.
- Normal maintenance services such as, but not limited to, wheel balancing, tyre rotation, engine tune-up, headlight aiming, replacement of light bulbs, spark plugs, distributor points, drive belts, worn clutch discs, worn brake pads/shoes, filters, wiper blades, lubricants and coolant.
- Damage or failures resulting from:
- Misuse, such as driving over kerbs, overloading, racing, etc.
- Use of non-recommended, improper or dirty fuel, fluid, oil or lubricant.
- Failure to perform proper maintenance services as outlined in the OWNER'S MANUAL and the MAINTENANCE SECTION of the booklet.
- Alterations, tampering or improper repairs or servicing.
- Unauthorized modifications or use of any non "Genuine NISSAN" parts accessories or equipment.
- Accident, theft or fire or illegal use.
- Stone chipping, fuel or liquid adhesion, chemical fallout, tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning or unusual environmental conditions, bird or animal excrement.
- Continuing to drive the vehicle after loss of lubricants, oils, refrigerant or water on or after knowledge of failure.
Tyre and Battery Warranty
The tyres originally installed on a new Nissan vehicle are warranted by the tyre manufacturer.
In order to obtain tyre warranty service, present the unserviceable tyre(s) to a local tyre agent, unless otherwise directed by Nissan. Any Nissan dealer can assist you in requesting an adjustment through a local tyre agent, if necessary.
Original equipment batteries as fitted to every new Nissan vehicle are fully covered for defective manufacture during the first 12 months with unlimited kilometres, and will be replaced free of charge should a defect occur in that time.
This warranty applies to Nissan vehicles registered and normally operated in the country where the vehicle is originally sold. This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period.
This warranty does not apply to a vehicle that is relocated internationally from where it was first sold.
NOTE: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please refer to your Customer Information and Maintenance Booklet, section 'Things you should know about the Nissan New Vehicle Warranty' for further information.
For Nissan GT-R Warranty information, please refer to your Nissan GT-R Customer Information and Maintenance Booklet.
If you have or are purchasing a Nissan Retail Roadside Assistance - For full terms and conditions, please read the: