Complimentary Map Update
Having outdated maps can be a real headache. So Nissan is offering customers a complimentary Satellite Navigation Update to the 2016 Map Release, valued at $205, for eligible vehicles when they next service at a Nissan Dealership.*
The 2016 Map Release includes over 120,000 km of updated roads, as well as addresses, street names, speed limits, turn restrictions and roundabouts, to provide the most accurate and efficient routes available, saving you time and money.
Map update – Vehicle eligibility
This offer only applies to the following models equipped with the LCN2Kai System:
- Navara (D23)
- X-TRAIL (T32)
- QASHQAI (J11)
- JUKE (F15)
- Altima (L33)
- Pulsar Sedan (B17)
Customers must book their vehicle in for a service at a Nissan Dealership to receive the complimentary update. Offer of 2016 Map Release valid while stocks last.
Map update process
Nissan Australia has partnered with HERE as the official map supplier to provide regular Satellite Navigation Updates to Nissan customers. The map compilation process requires extensive testing and quality control to ensure navigation information is accurate, and takes approximately 9-10 months to complete.
Please be mindful of this when you receive your map update, as some of the latest roads may not appear.
2016 map changes summary
- 154,162 addresses updated
- 121,337km of road network updated
- 22,993 street names updated
- 22,309 speed limits updated
- 8.887 turn restrictions updated
- 1,836 roundabouts updated
Major road network updates by state
- The A1 Pacific Highway between Sapphire Beach and Woolgolga is now dual carriageway in the database. The four-lane divided highway extends approximately 25 kilometres.
- The 23km Western Hwy duplication between Burrumbeet and Beaufort (Section 1B) has been added. It now includes a new diamond interchange at Remembrance Dr/Avenue Rd and a new alignment of the highway bypassing the town of Trawalla with a ramp interchange connecting Trawalla Rd to the Western Hwy.
- The 3.4km Koo Wee Rup Bypass has been added between the South Gippsland Hwy and Koo Wee Rup Rd at Manks Rd, Koo Wee Rup.
- The Warrego Hwy and Brisbane Valley Hwy intersection has been updated to now show the new overpass and associated ramp system between the Brisbane Valley Highway and Wulkuraka Connection Road, over the Warrego Highway.
- A new overpass has been added connecting Robinson Rd West with Robinson Road East in Geebung, Brisbane to replace the level crossing at Newman Rd.
- The Bruce Highway has duplicated an existing 7km 2-lane section of the Highway to 4 lanes between Vantassel Street and Stuart Drive. There is now a rail overpass of the North Coast and Mount Isa rail lines at Cluden.
- Wellcamp Airport has been added on Toowoomba Cecil Plains Rd at Wellcamp.
- The Pumicestone Road interchange at Caboolture, Queensland has been upgraded with a new 2-lane overpass over the highway which will remain known as Nev Nichols Bridge. Entry and exit ramps to the Bruce Highway have been extended and realigned and intersections with local roads upgraded. The existing Old Toorbul Point Road and Rutters Road have been closed to a cul-de-sac and relocated to the east.
- Francis St overpass at Redbank, QLD is now complete and is connected to Monash Rd and Brisbane Terrace by a fully signalised intersection.
- The 8km Great Northern Hwy realignment around the Wedgefield industrial area in Port Hedland has been added, including a major diamond interchange at northern Broome turn-off end.
- Sections of Murray St, William St and Beaufort St in Perth's CBD have been updated from one-way to bi-directional as part of the city's plan to improve traffic flow around the CBD.
- The 2.5km Penola Bypass between Robe Road and the Riddoch Highway is open to traffic.
- The 18.5km Southern Expressway has changed from a reversible road to a multi-lane, dual carriageway road. The Expressway extends between Bedford Park and Old Noarlunga.
- The new 1.4km Richmond Bypass has been added which includes a realignment of the intersection at Middle Tea Tree Rd and Richmond Rd.
*Offer of 2016 Map Release valid while stocks last. This offer only applies to the following models equipped with the LCN2Kai System: J11 QASHQAI, T32 X-TRAIL, F15 JUKE, D23 Navara, B17 Pulsar Sedan and L33 Altima.