How it all began.
We started all the way back in 1911 and built our first ever Dat Car (Datsun) for the Japanese market in 1914. Now we make cars for everybody, all over the world.
Nissan in Australia.
We opened our Australian headquarters in 1972, where we manufactured cars for the next 20 years. Our Dandenong South Casting Plant in Victoria recently won a series of exclusive manufacturing contracts with Nissan Japan to produce castings for the new Nissan LEAF, the first mass-market zero tailpipe emission all-electric car. This will generate profits and secure jobs well into the future.
And then came Renault.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance was formed in 1999 to form the world's 4th largest automotive group. It's the first commercial partnership of its kind involving a French and Japanese company with significant presence in major world markets (US, Europe, Japan, China, India, Russia).
The Nissan way.
We’ve been asking What if_ for 100 years, coming up with innovations to elevate the way you move, to make your life better.
At Nissan Australia we strive to enrich our customers’ lives. We are driven by success and energised by the future.
Nissan, in alliance with Renault, provides unique and innovative automotive products and services that deliver superior measurable values to all stakeholders.
- Integrity. The courage to be honest, respectful, transparent and responsible for our actions
- Initiative. Challenge the way we do things. Strive for excellence with clear and measurable outcomes.
- Commitment. Be personally accountable and do all we can to deliver maximum results. Demonstrate leadership and self discipline.
- United. We generate strength through trust and transparency, and always work as a team.
- Passion. Have belief, energy and pride in everything we do.
- Customer focus. We exist because of our customers. They are of utmost importance in everything we do.
- Agility. Always be proactive and alert.